Monday, May 27, 2013

Term 2 Holidays - Melaka Missionary Trip (24 - 26 May 2013)

Well I've just finished my 2nd Term STPM Examination and a semester break or Malaysian students would call it the mid year holiday has started.

Well, I would say that my 2 weeks of school holidays passed with loads of activities. The first day of my holiday I went to Melaka with my church members for a missionary trip. It was awesome and glad to serve and spread the words of God in new places which I've never been before. Throughout the 3 days 2 nights trip, we had performed a drama at Alor Gajah's Praise Assembly Church. It was magnificent and joyful. Then we went to Jonker Walk (a very huge night market) where we buy food and stuff after the church service. After that we went back to our apartment we rented at Bandar Hilir, Melaka. Surprisingly the rental price was cheap.

The 2nd day morning, we went to Dataran Pahlawan (Warrior Square) to shop for awhile. After lunch, we went back to Alor Gajah to visit Yayasan Sunbeam Homes where there we played and sang songs with the orphans there. Although they are orphans, but there always carry a smile and joined us for a game. I'm glad that they live with joy and happiness of God. After we left the orphans homes, we continued our journey of searching for food in Melaka. There we heard that the coconut milk shake is the best and so we went and tried it out. The moment we reached there we were shocked by the amount of customers waiting for their drinks. Wow. Finally we got our drinks and when I have the first sip of the coconut milk shake, I couldn't stop for a second. It was fantastic. Before we head for dinner, we take a walk at the beach nearby. Later, we had our dinner at the Portuguese Settlement. And then it's the end of day 2.

As for day 3, we went to Melaka Christ Church for our Sunday church service. And you may know the famous Red House in Melaka, right? That's the place we went for theses service. Later on, my sisters, a friend of mine and I went to A'Famosa Fort to have a glimpse of Melaka shore. The view was spectacular. And not to forget, we made some keychain with our name written on it. The person who wrote our name has a marvelous handwriting. I love it. And when it's time, we went down and quickly search for Durian Cendol. It's tasty. Around 3pm, we went to Tan Kim Hock to get some local delicacies. After that, we had our dinner at a near coffee shop which sells Chicken Rice Ball. It's an unique food in Melaka. When our stomach was filled, it's time to head back to KL.

This missionary trip gave me the chance to meet new friends from the orphans home and get the chance to serve God while spreading the words of God.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment